What is Search.mysafetabsearch.com?
Search.mysafetabsearch.com is powered by Imali and classified as a browser hijacker, because it can change your preferences in all of your installed web browsers. It gets access to your system with the help of free software bundles and usually arrives with potentially unwanted apps. The hijacker may appear useful at first, but its main purpose is to boost online traffic and thus earn revenue for its developers. In order to do that, it employs such tactics as flooding you with ads, rerouting you to its sponsor websites, and so on. If you want to eliminate these symptoms, you will have to delete Search.mysafetabsearch.com from your browsers.
How does Search.mysafetabsearch.com work?
The hijacker affects all major browsers. It adds the MySafeTab extension to them and switches their home page, new tab, and default search provider to Search.mysafetabsearch.com. This site contains a toolbar, a search box, and quick access buttons to popular pages like Facebook, Gmail, YouTube, Instagram, and some others. The toolbar contains a search box, which shows you results from Yahoo Web Search, and links to Winrepair Pro, Internet Speed Test, and Security Tools. Winrepairpro.com is listed by several anti-malware tools as an unsafe website. We do not recommend visiting it. The toolbar also has Social, E-Mail, and Shopping buttons.
If you make use of your new search engine, you will simply get rerouted to Us.search.yahoo.com. These results may include sponsored links. You will see advertising data on other pages that you visit as well. Keep in mind that not all of it is actually reliable. You will encounter fake ads, and if you click on them, you will end up on corrupted websites. If you do not want to risk your computer’s safety, you should get rid Search.mysafetabsearch.com and go back to your original browser preferences.
How to remove Search.mysafetabsearch.com?
In order to eliminate Search.mysafetabsearch.com from your browsers, you will first have to decide how you want to do it: manually or automatically. Manual Search.mysafetabsearch.com removal requires you to uninstall the hijacker’s related app from your PC and fix your browser settings. Instructions on how to complete these tasks are presented below the article. Make sure that you erase Search.mysafetabsearch.com extension from your browsers as well. Alternatively, you can go with automatic removal option and terminate Search.mysafetabsearch.com with the help of an anti-malware utility. The malware remover will perform a system scan and detect all of its issues. It will not only clean your computer, but also protect it from future infections you may catch while surfing the Web.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Search.mysafetabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Search.mysafetabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.mysafetabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.mysafetabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Search.mysafetabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.mysafetabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.mysafetabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.mysafetabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.mysafetabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.mysafetabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.mysafetabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.mysafetabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.mysafetabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.mysafetabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.