What is Yahoososo.com?
Yahoososo.com is a search engine that you have to remove from your browsers immediately if you ever notice its presence. Yes, we know that this search engine looks quite reliable; however, we also know that this search engine might cause harm to the system. Therefore, the best would be to uninstall Yahoososo.com as soon as possible. If you do not do anything about the presence of this search engine, you might put your system into danger really quickly. We are sure that you do not wish this to happen, so we are going to tell you more about the Yahoososo.com removal in this article. You will find all the necessary information in the last paragraph of this article; however, you should read this article from beginning to end if you wish to find out more about this threat as well.
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
How does Yahoososo.com act?
As you already know, Yahoososo.com will replace your homepage and search engine on all the browsers. At first sight, Yahoososo.com looks like a trustworthy search engine that cannot cause harm to the computer; however, the truth is that this search engine is going to display the modified search results for you. Of course, you will not see them if you do not use its search box; however, we are sure that the majority of users do that because Yahoososo.com sets itself as a default search engine. Unreliable search results might contain various bad links and advertisements. They have a potential of redirecting users to corrupted web pages full of malicious software. Of course, not all the websites will be bad; however, we are sure that you will end up on an untrustworthy website one day. As Yahoososo.com might expose you to malware, we suggest that you delete Yahoososo.com immediately. Of course, there are other reasons why you need to do that too. Specialists say that this search engine might also gather information about users in order to find out what they are interested in and what keywords they enter. Unfortunately, nobody can guarantee that Yahoososo.com will not touch personal information. Therefore, we suggest being cautious. Of course, it would be best to remove Yahoososo.com completely.
How is Yahoososo.com browser hijacker spread?
It is clearly known that browser hijackers tend to sneak onto computers without permission. Yahoososo.com is no exception. It usually travels in software bundles together with freeware and shareware, which explains why users do not notice when Yahoososo.com sneaks onto their computers. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of other infections that travel in software bundles, so you have to be very cautious all the time. In addition, our security specialists recommend that you install a security tool after you implement the Yahoososo.com removal.
How can I delete Yahoososo.com from my computer?
It is not very easy to remove Yahoososo.com browser hijacker in a manual way because it, most probably, does not have an uninstaller. Luckily, trustworthy antimalware tools will help you to deal with it. All you need to do is to acquire a security tool, install it on the system, and then perform the system scan.
Uninstall Yahoososo.com from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Yahoososo.com or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall Yahoososo.com from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the Yahoososo.com or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall Yahoososo.com from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Yahoososo.com or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Yahoososo.com from Browsers
Remove Yahoososo.com and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with Yahoososo.com in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including Yahoososo.com.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove Yahoososo.com and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience Yahoososo.com in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove Yahoososo.com and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.