WowStart.online Search Removal
What is WowStart.online?
WowStart.online looks like an ordinary search engine; however, in reality, it is a browser hijacker that can take over all the browsers installed on the computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Once it does that, you will notice that the settings of all the browsers are changed, i.e. you will see another homepage, search engine, and the New Tab page. WowStart.online reminds a reliable search engine; however, it is definitely not a trustworthy search engine because it provides unreliable search results. This also makes it useless, so specialists suggest that you remove WowStart.online without consideration. If you find it hard to implement the WowStart.online removal, you should continue reading the article. Malware experts will tell you how to erase this irritating browser hijacker so that you could start using a more trustworthy search engine soon.
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
Why should I remove WowStart.online?
WowStart.online looks just like any other search engine. Apart from the search box you will find in the middle of the page, it provides quick access links to YouTube, eBay, Facebook, and other popular websites. If you try to search for the information, you will see that it returns the search results; however, they cannot be called trustworthy because they are full of advertisements and various unreliable links that lead to third-party websites. It is known that WowStart.online might also redirect you to a bad website the moment you click on one of those quick access links instead of taking you to a good website. Last but not least, some specialists say that WowStart.online might even slow down your computer considerably, especially if you use an older machine because it works in the background all the time. We hope that you have understood that you do not need this browser hijacker on your computer. If so, continue reading as we are going to provide more information on the WowStart.online removal.
How is WowStart.online browser hijacker distributed?
WowStart.online browser hijacker is always installed on the computer without a user’s permission. It has been noticed that it comes together with freeware like media players and PDF creators. A bunch of other undesirable programs want to enter computers without permission, so you need to install these free applications carefully. Of course, you should make sure that you choose reliable sources to download them from as well. Finally, security specialists highly recommend installing reliable security software on the system. If you do as we say, you will surely not allow another threat to enter your computer.
How can I uninstall WowStart.online?
You need to delete WowStart.online from browsers as soon as possible because it is dangerous to keep such an untrustworthy search engine and use it to search for the information. You can get rid of this hijacker manually or automatically. In the case of manual removal, you will need to change the settings of browsers after you delete the threat through Control Panel and remove its add-ons. If this does not work, scan your PC with a reliable scanner to delete WowStart.online and all other infections automatically.
Uninstall WowStart.online from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select WowStart.online or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall WowStart.online from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the WowStart.online or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall WowStart.online from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select WowStart.online or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove WowStart.online from Browsers
Remove WowStart.online and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with WowStart.online in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including WowStart.online.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove WowStart.online and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience WowStart.online in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove WowStart.online and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.