TrailerWatch – How to remove?
What is TrailerWatch?
TrailerWatch is an application that allows you to watch various movie trailers right from desktop. Unfortunately, it is also an ad-supported program that is responsible for the increased number of ads that have been popping-up on your screen lately. The application is aimed at generating online traffic. That is how it makes profit for its developers. The problem is that the advertisements that is shows you are not monitored by anyone and can easily be fake. If you do not want to expose your computer to unnecessary online threats, you should terminate TrailerWatch without further delay.
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
How does TrailerWatch work?
The ad-supported app travels in free software bundles that you download from file-sharing sites like softonic.com, filewin.com, brothersoft.com, cnet.com, and others. When you install freeware, you are often presented with optional offers. These offers appear under the Advanced installation mode. If you choose the Recommended or Express mode instead, you automatically agree to installing all additional programs. You should not do that moving forward. Always pick the Advanced mode and decline all offers of unfamiliar applications. That way you will be able to avoid potentially unwanted software.
Once in the system, TrailerWatch starts flooding your browsers with advertisements. It will show you pop-ups, coupons, banners, hyperlinks, and other ads on all sites that you visit. Some of the adverts may look especially relevant. That is because the adware tracks your cookies thus collects information about your browsing habits. This data may be sold to third parties. Keep in mind that even the most supposedly beneficial adverts may turn out to be fake. Clicking on them could lead you to corrupted pages. If you do not wish to fall for one of the virtual scams aimed at extorting your money or infecting your PC with malware, you should delete TrailerWatch from your computer as soon as you can.
How to remove TrailerWatch?
We advise that you get rid of TrailerWatch by using the anti-malware utility presented on our page. If you choose automatic TrailerWatch removal option, you will be able to clean your system from other unwanted files and programs as well. The security tool will perform a system scan and show you all potential threats. It will then eliminate TrailerWatch along with them. The malware remover will also provide you with real-time online protection, so that your PC stays infection-free in the future. Alternatively, you can uninstall TrailerWatch manually by using the instructions provided below the article. Please note that after uninstalling the application from your computer, you may also need to remove its extension from your browsers.
Uninstall TrailerWatch from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select TrailerWatch or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall TrailerWatch from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the TrailerWatch or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall TrailerWatch from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select TrailerWatch or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove TrailerWatch from Browsers
Remove TrailerWatch and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with TrailerWatch in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including TrailerWatch.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove TrailerWatch and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience TrailerWatch in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove TrailerWatch and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.