Remove Trotux.com virus
What should responsible computer users know about Trotux.com infection?
Trotux.com infection is known as an annoying browser hijacker than can infiltrate your virtual machine without your notice. Once Trotux.com reaches your computer, all of your web browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome) will start showing Trotux.com page. Trotux.com will appear as your homepage and might also show up every time you will try to open a new tab. The cyber criminals are trying to make you click as many suspicious links as possible. This means that even though Trotux.com may look like a trustworthy search engine, there are no guaranties that the results are safe to open. You may be immediately redirected to an infected website. Please make sure that you always check whether the internet page is safe to enter. The best way to avoid questionable material is to delete Trotux.com infection once and for all. More than that, you should install a reliable anti-virus program that would take care of the irritating applications automatically.
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
How did Trotux.com browser hijacker reach your computer’s system?
Trotux.com as many other browser hijackers usually find the users’ computers via bundled freeware. Thus, you should always follow the installation process especially because in most cases you can still prevent the unwanted applications from entering your computer. After you agree to install bundled freeware, it becomes difficult to remove the infection from your computer. There are simply too many programs that can enter your PC once one suspicious program finds the computer. Only by installing a reputable antimalware tool you can be sure that all of the unwanted applications are removed. You should have no doubts about Trotux.com removal because any application that comes into your computer without a clear notice is not trustworthy. In order to learn how to delete Trotux.com hijacker properly, you should check our elimination instructions bellow. Please make sure that you follow them carefully or the unwanted program might find its way back to your PC.
Why is it so important to remove Trotux.com browser hijacker?
Any program that is classified as a browser hijacker deserves removal. Trotux.com infections is not an exception. This application will not bring you any benefits. On the contrary, you will risk your personal privacy simply by keeping the hijacker in your computer’s system. This happens because Trotux.com can easily collect your data and later sell it to third parties or use for other commercial purposes. We are sure that you want to protect your privacy from the cyber criminal. Therefore, you should not wait any longer and uninstall Trotux.com once and for all.
What is the best way to get rid of Trotux.com?
Although it is possible to remove Trotux.com manually, we recommend to do delete the browser hijacker automatically. First, the automatic way is more user friendly and you basically leave all the work to your antivirus program. Second, only a reputable malware removal tool can ensure that you will not have to face similar problems in the future.
Uninstall Trotux.com virus from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Trotux.com virus or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall Trotux.com virus from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the Trotux.com virus or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall Trotux.com virus from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Trotux.com virus or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Trotux.com virus from Browsers
Remove Trotux.com virus and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with Trotux.com virus in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including Trotux.com virus.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove Trotux.com virus and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience Trotux.com virus in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove Trotux.com virus and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.