Remove Setup Wizard Virus
What is Setup Wizard Virus?
Setup Wizard Virus (or AnyWhereAccess Setup Wizard) is classified as a potentially unwanted application. It spreads online through freeware and shareware bundles. The app is the installer of AnyProtect, which is supposed to be a useful utility that can allow you to store your data online. The program has certain drawbacks like the fact that it is ad-supported. It is possible that you never wanted to acquire it or AnyWhereAccess at all. Since there is no point in keeping the unwanted software installed, we advise that you terminate Setup Wizard Virus as soon as you can.
How does Setup Wizard Virus work?
As it has already been mentioned, the application uses the bundling distribution method to enter computer systems. If you do not pay attention to the installation process when installing free software, you end up with potentially unwanted programs that are completely useless to you. If you wish to avoid similar situations in the future, you should always install freeware in the Advanced mode and decline all additional offers presented to you.
Technically, Setup Wizard is not a computer virus, so it cannot damage your system directly. It is the installer of another unwanted program called AnyProtect. If you skip through the wizard without paying attention to it, you agree to add the “Continue Live Installation” shortcut to your desktop. The program loads every time you turn on your PC and floods you with various pop-ups. As for AnyProtect, it is promoted as a tool that can be used to back up your files and store them online. The app is not free, its cost starts at $59.99. Unfortunately, it is known to flood browsers with various adverts, some of which are completely fake. It may also reroute you to unsafe websites in the middle of your Internet surfing. We suggest that you get rid of Setup Wizard Virus and its related application.
How to remove Setup Wizard Virus?
There are two options you can choose from, when it comes to Setup Wizard Virus removal. You can uninstall Setup Wizard Virus manually or automatically. If you choose to delete Setup Wizard Virus manually, you are welcome to follow the instructions that are prepared below this article. If, however, you decide to go with the more effective solution, you should implement the anti-malware tool from our website. It will help you to not only erase Setup Wizard Virus, but also clean your system from other unwanted files and programs (including AnyProtect). In addition to eliminating all potential threats from your computer, the security software will also provide you with real-time online protection, so you will not have to worry about various online parasites while surfing the Web.Download Removal Toolto remove Setup Wizard Virus
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
Uninstall Setup Wizard Virus from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Setup Wizard Virus or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall Setup Wizard Virus from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the Setup Wizard Virus or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall Setup Wizard Virus from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Setup Wizard Virus or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Setup Wizard Virus from Browsers
Remove Setup Wizard Virus and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with Setup Wizard Virus in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including Setup Wizard Virus.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove Setup Wizard Virus and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience Setup Wizard Virus in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove Setup Wizard Virus and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.