What is Search.bitcro.com?
Search.bitcro.com is nothing but a yet another browser hijacker. It may look like a trustworthy search page, but it that is not what it actually is. The hijacker belongs to Cro-Bit Ltd. and is used for monetization solutions for browser extensions and other software. In other words, it allows the creators of freeware to make profit off of unsuspecting users. The hijacker arrives together with potentially unwanted applications. It changes you browser settings and causes other unwanted disruptions. We advise that you delete Search.bitcro.com as soon as you can.
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
How does Search.bitcro.com work?
Search.bitcro.com replaces your home page and default search provider after the hijacker infiltrates your PC. The website contains a search box and such quick access buttons as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, and Wikipedia. When you enter a query into the search box, you get results from Bing.com. Keep in mind, however, that these results may be altered to include sponsored links. You should not trust them blindly. Moreover, you may see various commercials on other sites that you visit. Some of the ads may be fake. If you do not want to risk your system’s safety, you should avoid all advertisements until you get rid of Search.bitcro.com.
As it has been mentioned, the hijacker arrives with other potentially unwanted programs. It enters your system when you install freeware onto your PC without paying attention to the terms and conditions of the installation. Whenever you deal with free software, you should be careful not to agree to any additional offers presented to you during its setup. We assure you, there is nothing useful about potentially unwanted apps. It would be best to avoid them in the future. Always choose Advanced installation mode and deselect all programs that are unfamiliar to you. As for now, you should focus on how to terminate Search.bitcro.com.
How to remove Search.bitcro.com?
Search.bitcro.com removal can be completed in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Automatic removal is much more reliable, because it allows you to clean your system completely. If you choose to go with it, you will have to implement an anti-malware utility. You can use the one presented on our site. It will perform a system scan and detect all potential issues. The security tool will then erase Search.bitcro.com along with other unwanted files and programs. It will also stay helpful in the future by providing you with real-time online protection and other beneficial features. Alternatively, you can eliminate Search.bitcro.com manually by uninstalling its related software and restoring your browser settings. Instructions of manual Search.bitcro.com removal are presented right below.
Uninstall Search.bitcro.com from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Search.bitcro.com or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall Search.bitcro.com from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the Search.bitcro.com or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall Search.bitcro.com from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Search.bitcro.com or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Search.bitcro.com from Browsers
Remove Search.bitcro.com and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with Search.bitcro.com in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including Search.bitcro.com .
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove Search.bitcro.com and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience Search.bitcro.com in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove Search.bitcro.com and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.