Remove Rocket Tab
What is Rocket Tab?
Rocket Tab is a browser extension that is classified as an advertising-supported application. It has an official website where it is promoted as a tool that can provide you with the most comprehensive local search experience. The page presents you with a download button, however, most web browsers block it and notify the user of the fact that the page has been reported to contain unwanted software. The reason this happens is because the program causes several issues, once it gets installed. It is aimed at web traffic generation, so it floods you with various ads. If you want to get rid of them, you will have to delete Rocket Tab from your computer.
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
How does Rocket Tab work?
Although Rocket Tab has an official webpage, it is also known to travel in free software bundles. It gets attached to free third party software and is offered to you during the installation process. If you skip through the installation wizard without paying attention to it, you unwittingly agree to all additional offers. Keep in mind that there could be more than one. In order to make sure that potentially unwanted applications do not enter your computer, you need to always choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all apps that are unfamiliar to you.
Once Rocket Tab get installed, it adds an extension to all of your browsers. The extension inserts various pop-ups, banners, coupons, links, and other ads into all of your visited websites. The adverts will appear on your screen even if the sites have nothing to do with online shopping. The adware may also cause random redirects to its sponsor pages. It is rather obvious that these activities will slow down your surfing speed. More than that, they will also expose you to unreliable content. Fake ads may lead you to corrupted pages containing virtual scams. You may be urged to download software updates, which will actually be potentially unwanted apps. You may also be offered to purchase software, which may turn out to be completely useless or even malicious, and so on. If you wish to avoid having to deal with the consequences of these scams, you should terminate Rocket Tab as soon as you can.
How to remove Rocket Tab?
You can uninstall Rocket Tab manually or automatically. Automatic removal is much more efficient, because it allows you to not only get rid of Rocket Tab, but also delete other unwanted programs from your PC. If you download the malware removal tool from our webpage, it will perform a full system scan and detect all potential threats. It will then eliminate Rocket Tab along with them. Moreover, it will also stay useful in the future by functioning as a malware prevention utility. If, however, you decide to erase Rocket Tab manually after all, you can use the instructions we have prepared in the manual Rocket Tab removal guide presented below the article.
Uninstall Rocket Tab from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Rocket Tab or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall Rocket Tab from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the Rocket Tab or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall Rocket Tab from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Rocket Tab or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Rocket Tab from Browsers
Remove Rocket Tab and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with Rocket Tab in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including Rocket Tab.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove Rocket Tab and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience Rocket Tab in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove Rocket Tab and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.