GeoByPass is an adware type of potentially unwanted program. It tempts users into downloading GeoByPass by promising access to their favorite websites without restrictions. This might convince some user to download it but if you do not remember doing so, then you must have gotten it when you installed freeware. Adware works silently and some users might not even be aware of GeoByPass infecting their computers. The most telling sign of adware is the constant ads appearing when you browser the Internet. Those ads will come in all forms and can be very intrusive. While adware in not considered to be a high risk threat, it can lead you to some dangerous websites. Before you face serious trouble, delete GeoByPass.
How does GeoByPass spread?
There is an official website where you can download GeoByPass. If you ended up with GeoByPass but don’t remember downloading it, you must start paying more attention to how you install freeware. Adware is attached to freeware so that when users install the freeware, they automatically install the attached adware. This can be avoided by using Advanced or Custom settings because in those settings you will see what is attached and if need be, you can prevent their installation. If you use Default settings, you risk installing all sorts of unwanted programs. Whether you installed GeoByPass knowingly or not, we advise you to remove GeoByPass if you want to get rid of all annoying ads.
Why do I need to uninstall GeoByPass?
While GeoByPass does not pose serious danger to your computer, it’s still not recommended to keep it. It will show you loads of ads and at first it might cause only slight annoyance but as time passes, they might get more and more intrusive. It could be gathering non-sensitive information about you so it knows what kinds of ads to generate for you. The thing about adware is that it exposes you to dangerous websites. All those pop-ups, banners and other ads could lead you to potentially dangerous domains. If you were to enter one such domain, you could end up with malware on your computer. And it could cause serious problems. We don’t see why you would want to put up with annoying ads and potentially put your computer in danger just to use some doubtful application. Delete GeoByPass to avoid serious trouble.
If you want to manually remove GeoByPass, you will need to find and erase all applications associated with GeoByPass. That could take some time so if you want to quickly uninstall GeoByPass, use anti-malware software. Anti-malware software will take care of GeoByPass removal without difficulty.Download Removal Toolto remove GeoByPass
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
Uninstall GeoByPass from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select GeoByPass or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall GeoByPass from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the GeoByPass or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall GeoByPass from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select GeoByPass or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove GeoByPass from Browsers
Remove GeoByPass and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with GeoByPass in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including GeoByPass.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove GeoByPass and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience GeoByPass in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove GeoByPass and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.