What is Msiql.exe?
Msiql.exe is an executable file that is a part of a Trojan horse. If this file appears on your computer (it may show up in the Task Manager), it means that your system is infected. The Trojan has several names including Trojan.Gen.2, TROJ_GEN.R01TC0ECA16, TROJ_GEN.R01TC0OAT16, and some others. The parasite is known to spread on the Internet through fake ads, corrupted links, malign email attachments, and so on. It may not be obvious that you have acquired it at first. However, once you realize that the threat is on your PC, you should delete Msiql.exe and all other malign components from it without hesitation.
* WiperSoft scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on WiperSoft. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of WiperSoft. If you wish to uninstall WiperSoft, click here.
How does Msiql.exe work?
The Msiql.exe file is usually located in one of the subfolders of the C: directory. Its size ranges from 1,8 MB to 2,4 MB and depends on the version of your Windows operating system. As we have already mentioned, the executable belongs to Trojan.Gen.2. This parasite performs different unwanted actions that negatively affect your computer’s performance. The first symptom that you are likely to notice is that your system is running much slower than usual. You may also notice some freezes, crashes, or even shut downs.
Other symptoms linked to Trojan infections include programs becoming unresponsive. This is especially true for applications that are responsible for your online security. In addition to that, the malware can affect your Web surfing by flooding your browsers with fake ads, rerouting you to unreliable sites, showing you bogus alerts, and so on. Although these symptoms are reason enough to get rid of Msiql.exe, you should also know that the longer you hesitate with its removal, the more time the parasite has to collect your personal data and send it to a remote server. Needless to say, if the cyber crooks get access to your private information, they can use it against you. The sooner you terminate Msiql.exe and its related harmful software, the better.
How to remove Msiql.exe?
The only sure way to erase Msiql.exe from your computer is by using a powerful malware prevention and removal utility. You are welcome to acquire one from our site. It will perform a full system scan and detect all unsafe elements including the malicious executive. The security software will then move on to Msiql.exe removal. Not only will the anti-malware clean your PC, but it will also help you ensure its safety in the future by providing you with real-time online protection and other beneficial functionality.
Uninstall Msiql.exe from Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Msiql.exe or other the suspicious program and click Remove.
Uninstall Msiql.exe from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the Msiql.exe or other program that you wish to remove.
- Uninstall it.
Uninstall Msiql.exe from Windows 8
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing Control Panel. Open it.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Msiql.exe or other unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Msiql.exe from Browsers
Remove Msiql.exe and other malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer:To deal with Msiql.exe in Internet Explorer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Run Internet Explorer and press Alt+X simultaneously.
- Afterwards, open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- From the provided list remove all suspicious extensions including Msiql.exe.
- Navigate to Search Providers. Erase the current search tool and pick a new one as your default.
- Save the changes you made and leave this window.
- Now press Alt+X one more time and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and replace this home page with the one you trust (google.com , yahoo.com , msn.com)
- To finish the procedure, tap OK.
Remove Msiql.exe and malicious Extensions from Mozilla Firefox:The users who experience Msiql.exe in Mozilla Firefox, should follow the instructions presented below, if they want to clean their system:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time.
- Move your cursor to Extensions and locate the suspicious and undesirable entries.
- Next to the chosen extensions, tap the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T and select Options. Access the General tab.
- In General tab, remove the unreliable home page and choose another, like Google.com, Yahoo.com
- Choose Search tab.
- Delete the unwanted search provider and choose your new search. Click OK.
Remove Msiql.exe and all malicious extensions from Google Chrome:If a browser hijacker took over Google Chrome, the last set of instructions are prepared for you. Do not miss a single step and take care of your system:
- Run Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the undesirable extensions from the list.
- Access Settings and navigate to Open a page or a set of pages that you can find under On startup.
- Press Set pages and replace the current home page with another one.
- Click OK and select Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
How to reset your browser?
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T or click Tools > Internet Options icon at the top right corner.
- Click on the Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Tick a box next to Delete personal Settings and press the Reset button again.
- Restart your browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Click Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Now Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button again.
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F or click on 3 Stripes icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings and Click Show advanced settings at end of the page.
- Click Reset settings button.
- Click the Reset button.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- Select Safari Settings (top-right corner).
- Choose Reset Safari.... from the drop-down menu.
- A warning dialog box containing all items that you wish to delete will appear. These items are checked by default.
- Make sure that the items you want to erase are checked.
- Press the Reset button.
- Your Safari browser will automatically restart.